GST Portal or government GST portal is hosted at https://www.gst.gov.in/. GST login portal is a website where all the compliance activities of GST can be done. Activities such as the GST registration, return filing, payment of taxes, application for a refund, etc. can be done on the GST login Portal.
For login into GST Portal, registration is a prerequisite. For GST Registration, refer to our article. After Registration, follow the following steps to Login into GST Portal:
Step 1: Visit https://www.gst.gov.in/ and click on Login on the top right corner (Figure 1).
The following page will appear (Figure 2)
Step 2: Enter your username, password and the captcha code, and click on ‘Login’ again. Following Page will appear (Figure 3)
The GST portal login procedure is now complete. The page that follows gives you access to your dashboard (Figure 3 above). You can view a summary of the GST credits that you have, GST payable (if any), notices received, if any, along with return filing options.
After login, the following services will be accessible to the user:
- Application for Registration for Normal Taxpayer, ISD, Casual Dealer
- Application for GST Practitioner
- Opting for Composition Scheme (GST CMP-02)
- Stock intimation for Composition Dealers (GST CMP-03)
- Opting out of Composition Scheme (GST CMP-04)
- Filing GST Returns
- Payment of GST
- Filing Table 6A of GSTR-1 (Export Refund)
- Claim Refund of excess GST paid (RFD-01)
- Furnish Letter of Undertaking(LUT)(RFD-11)
- Transition Forms (TRAN-1, TRAN-2, TRAN-3)
- Viewing E-Ledgers
- Filing of GSTR-9 -Annual Return
- Filing of GSTR-9C -Reconciliation Statement